messer world

The Messer brand name stands for a constant presence in the markets for industrial gases and cutting and welding technology stretching back since 1889. The Messer Group (Messer) and the Messer Eutectic Castolin Group (MEC) operate under the “Part of the Messer World” umbrella brand, signifying that they are part of the “Messer World” group of companies. 73 per cent of shares in Messer and MEC are owned by Stefan Messer and other family members, while the remaining 27 per cent are held by the Adolf Messer Foundation. The foundation, which promotes science and research, was established in 1978 in memory of Adolf Messer, who founded the Messer company in Frankfurt/Main in 1898.


Castolin Eutectic specializes in wear protection, repairs and fusion technologies.


Messer Cutting Systems is a supplier of pioneering technologies and services for the metal-working industry.


SpectronGas Control Systems is a specialist in gas supply systems.


BIT Analytical Instruments is a specialized contract producer of precision medical instruments.


Messer is the largest owner-run industrial gas company in the world.


ASCO Carbon Dioxide is a provider of individual and complete CO2 solutions.


MMHCH regards itself as a service provider which looks after patients in the home environment.