Data Protection Statement
§ 1 Principles
- Thank you for visiting the website of Messer Information Services GmbH (hereinafter: "Messer") and for showing your interest in our company and our products. Below, we want to briefly show you the scope, manner and purpose for which we process your Personal Data, how we protect your Personal Data and what it means for you if you use our online offers.
Personal Data are any information that permits a conclusion to you personally, e.g. your name, address, email addresses, phone numbers or user behaviour. Purely technical data that can be associated with you are to be viewed as Personal Data as well.
- The controller in accordance with Article 4 para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is:
Messer Information Services GmbH
PHONE:+49 (0) 6078 3997 0
FAX: +49 (0) 6078 3997 815
Also see our imprint.
- You can contact our data protection officer at:
- When you contact us by email or through a contact form, the complete data disclosed by you (your email address, possibly your first and last name and phone number) will be stored by us in order to answer your questions. The information within the context of contacting is processed based on Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The authorisation permits processing of Personal Data in the scope of "legitimate interest" of the controller, provided that your fundamental rights, fundamental freedoms or interests are not overriding. Our legitimate interest is in processing your contact. You may object to his processing activities at any time if there are any reasons in your special situation that oppose processing activities. An email to the data protection officer is enough for this.
- If we use any charged service providers for individual functions of our offer, or if we want to use your data for advertising purposes, we will inform you in detail below about the respective processes. We will also indicate the specified criteria for the respective storage duration in this context.
- Processing of your Personal Data shall in principle take place by Messer Information Services GmbH, a subsidiary of Messer Group GmbH (hereinafter: "MIS"), which we charged with contract processing. MIS has been carefully selected and charged for this, furthermore is bound to the instructions of Messer and subject to regular control.
§ 2 Your rights
- You have the following rights towards us regarding the Personal Data concerning you:
- Right to information
- Right to rectification or erasure
- Right to restriction of processing
- Right to objection to processing
- Right to data portability
- You have the right to be informed by us at any time about the data stored regarding you, as well as their origin, recipients, their origin, recipients or categories of recipients to whom these data are passed on and the purpose of storage. If you ask us, your contact at Messer or our data protection officer in writing to rectify your Personal Data, not to use them any further or to delete them, we will, of course, do this without delay.
We will further inform you that provision of your Personal Data on this website is generally neither required by law nor by contract. You are not obligated to indicate any Personal Data on this website, except if we state this
- for individual cases in this data protection statement. Nevertheless, provision of the functions of this website and execution of an order will require processing of your Personal Data.
- You also have the right to complain to a data protection supervisory authority about processing of your Personal Data by us.
§ 3 Collection of Personal Data during a visit to our website
- If you use our website for information only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise transmit any information to us, we will only collect the Personal Data your browser transmits to our server. If you want to view our website, we will collect the following data that we require technically in order to show you our website, administrate it and to ensure its stability and security. The legal basis for this processing shall be Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The authorisation permits processing of Personal Data in the scope of "legitimate interest" of the controller, provided that your fundamental rights, fundamental freedoms or interests are not overriding. Our legitimate interest is in easier administration and the ability to recognise and prosecute hacking. You may object to his processing activities at any time if there are any reasons in your special situation that oppose processing activities. An email to the data protection officer is enough for this.
Automatically collected Personal Data:
- Internet protocol address
- Date and time of the query
- Time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- The search term if you come to our page via a search engine
- Files that you have downloaded from our page (e.g. PDF or Word documents)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status /HTTP-status code
- The respective data volume transferred
- Website sending the request
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
The server log files with the above data will be deleted automatically after 30 days. We reserve the right to store the server log files for longer if there are any facts that suggest that there has been an unauthorised access (such as attempted hacking or a DDOS attack).
- Information about cookies:
There are different types of cookies, the scope and function of which are explained below:
- Transient cookies (see b)
- Persistent cookies (see c)
- Third-party cookies (see d).
- Transient cookies are automatically deleted when homepage visitors close the browser. This in particular includes the session cookies. They store a session ID with which various queries of the browser can be assigned to a shared session. This makes it possible to recognise a homepage visitor’s computer when he or she returns to our website. The session cookies will be deleted when a homepage visitor logs out or closes the browser.
- Persistent cookies are deleted automatically after a specified duration that may differ depending on cookie. A homepage visitor may delete the cookies in the safety settings of his or her browser at any time.
- Third-party cookies are cookies of third-party providers, such as YouTube.
§ 4 Objection to or withdrawal of processing of your data
- If you have consented to processing of your data, you can withdraw this consent at any time. This withdrawal will influence the admissibility of processing of your Personal Data after you have issued it towards us.
- As far as we base processing of your Personal Data on consideration of interests, you may object to processing. This is the case if processing in particular is not required for meeting a contract with you, which is presented by us in the following description of the functions. When exercising such an objection, please present the reasons why we should not process your Personal Data as performed by us. In case of your justified objection, we will review the situation and shall either cease processing activities or adjust it, or explain our mandatory grounds to be protected to you based on which we continue to process the data.
§ 5 Career
You can apply on your own initiative or for a job advertised in our career section. In order to process your application, we process your contact data (title, first and last name, e-mail address, possibly telephone number) and, among other things, your application documents. We process your data exclusively for the purpose of conducting the application procedure (Art. 6 sub-paragraph 1 lit. b, Art. 88 GDPR, § 26 BDSG).
You can agree that we process your data in order to inform you about suitable job offers in the future (Art. 6 sub-paragraph 1 lit. a GDPR, § 26 BDSG).
If your application is successful, we will include your data in the personnel file. Otherwise, we usually delete your data within 6 months, unless you have given your consent for information about future job offers. In this case, we will delete your data upon revocation of your consent or as soon as we are otherwise legally obliged to do so.
§ 6 Links
The websites of Messer partially contain links or references to other websites. We review these direct links with the reasonable care. We are, however, not responsible for contents of website that we link to. We are also not responsible for the contents of website that refer to us.
§ 7 Questions and comments
We take data protection very seriously. If you have any questions or suggestions on data protection at Messer, you may email our data protection officer under the email address indicated in § 1.
We reserve adjusting and updating this data protection statement on demand. Updates of this data protection statement will be published on our website. Changes shall apply from the time of their publication on our website. We therefore recommend that you visit this page at regular intervals in order to learn about any updates that were made.